Day 3 of Tampa Bay Buccaneers training camp was the first day in which players were in full pads.
With it came lots of notes so let’s dive right in. If you missed yesterday’s notes you can find them by clicking here. As always, these notes come from the local media.
- Mark Barron had offseason knee surgery
- Rashaan Melvin, who was injured yesterday, was at practice with a boot on his left foot.
- Jamon Meredith was at LG, Oniel Cousins at RG today
- Meredith later left practice early which prompted Kadeem Edwards to join the first team
- There seems to be emphasis on the Bucs using wide receiver screens.
- Here’s the Bucs second team offensive line
- Matthew Masifilo and Euclid Cummings played DT on the second team
- Bucs will dress seven defensive linemen on game days
- Lovie Smith continues to praise Dashon Goldson
- Doug Martin feels healthy
- Smith praised Mike Glennon for the way he’s handled being named backup quarterback
- He also said he needs versatility on defensive line, hence why some DE’s are playing inside
- The defense seemed to have the upper hand on the offense
- Josh McCown banged up his hand during drills
- Glennon hit speedster Jeff Demps for an 84-yard TD, while Mason Foster picked off McCown during 11-on-11
The Bucs practice again tomorrow from 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. so make sure to check back then.
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers