It’s the second day of Tampa Bay Buccaneers training camp and with it comes lots of news.
If you missed yesterday’s notes, which were limited because of weather delays, you can read them by clicking here.
Now, for today’s news, courtesy of the local media:
- Bucs had Leonard Johnson, Danny Gorrer and Quiton Pointer at the nickel today
- Eric Page, Solomon Patton, Jeff Demps and Bobby Rainey were returning punts
- Chris Owusu got reps at slot receiver with the first team offense
- Da’Quan Bowers played a little defensive tackle
- Rainey seems to be in the lead for the backup running back position
- Rashaan Melvin injured himself on a touchdown play to Tommy Streeter, although Lovie Smith later reported it wasn’t serious
- Chaz Sutton and Akeem Spence had good days (1,2)
- Major Wright played a lot with the first team as Dashon Goldson eases back in after offseason surgery
- Michael Johnson is aiming for double digit sacks this season
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins says he feels “good, real good.”
Make sure to check back tomorrow for day 3 notes.
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers