Feb 22, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy (88) during the second period against the Colorado Avalanche at the Pepsi Center. The Avalanche defeated the Lightning 5-4. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
Andrei Vasilevskiy recorded his first career NHL shutout Tuesday as he blanked the Buffalo Sabres in a 3-0 Tampa Bay Lightning win at Amalie Arena.
Vasilevskiy made 28 saves for the shutout in what was his 11th career game.
More from Skyway Shout Out
- Last Chance: Win 2015 Final Four Ticket Vouchers and $500 from Skyway Shout Out!
- Get Skyway Shout Out Content on Newly Updated FanSided iOS App
- Brayden Point Signs With Tampa Bay Lightning
- Skyway Shout Out Giveaway: Win 2015 Final Four Ticket Vouchers and $500 Towards Travel Expenses!
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Add Sterling Moore
Tampa Bay got two power play goals in quick succession early in the second period. First, Ryan Callahan potted his 20th goal of the year at 2:48 after receiving a pass from Tyler Johnson from behind the net, who had played tic-tac-toe with Valtteri Filppula to get the Sabres defence moving.
At 4:24, Victor Hedman scored his eighth goal of the year when he skated into the slot and beat Lindback with a wrister.
Tampa Bay scored on both of its power play chances while Buffalo couldn’t convert a pair of opportunities.
The Bolts are back in action Thursday when they host the Toronto Maple Leafs.