The Tampa Bay Buccaneers practiced one last time Wednesday before they open their preseason Friday against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
However, it was closed to the public so only accredited media could see what was happening.
Here are notes from that practice courtesy of the local media:
- First things first, in case you missed it, the Bucs have announced they will wear a patch on their jerseys to honor their later owner Malcolm Glazer
Here's the patch the Bucs will wear to honor owner Malcolm Glazer, who died earlier this year pic.twitter.com/bD0zVT9dkb
— Roy Cummings (@RCummingsTBO) August 6, 2014
- Offensive coordinator Jeff Tedford will coach from the booth while defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier will be on the sidelines
- Alterraun Verner and Mike Jenkins were held out again but Tommy Streeter did return
- Da’Quan Bowers and Scott Solomon were also back on the practice field
- Friday’s game is important for off the field stuff too Lovie Smith says
- Smith really likes Austin Seferian-Jenkins’ game
- Expect Bucs starters to play about a quarter on Friday
- Smith can’t wait to unleash his defensive line Friday
- The team practiced with no pads today for the first time in 11 days
- The Bucs don’t practice again until August 10
Friday’s game begins at 7:30 so make sure to stop by as we’ll be live tweeting the game and providing thoughts and analysis in the days after.
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers