The next time we will see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers it will in a live NFL game as the Bucs have completed their final (public) training camp session before the preseason opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Friday.
The Bucs were on the field one last time Tuesday afternoon and with it came a lot of notes, which you can find below, courtesy of the local media:
- The Bucs have signed former USF defensive end Ryne Giddins
- They also added defensive end James Ruffin and waived linebacker Jeremy Grable and safety Mycal Swaim.
- Alterraun Verner and Mike Jenkins sat out practice again as did wideout Tommy Streeter.
- Lovie Smith has confirmed Verner won’t play Friday
- Da’Quan Bowers and Scott Solomon also sat out, hence the Giddins and Ruffin signings
- Bucs had five players returning punts
- Rashaan Melvin and Danny Gorrer were playing corner with the first team
- Lovie Smith says the offense looks good in goal line situations
- Robert Herron is still having trouble catching the football
- Dashon Goldson may play Friday despite being limited through training camp
- Smith has praise for linebacker Danny Lansanah
- He also is pleased with the team’s kicking situation
- The Bucs do practice again on Wednesday but it is closed to the public
The Bucs also announced today that they will wear a Malcolm Glazer patch on their jerseys to honor Tampa Bay’s late owner.
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers