The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were back on the field Monday for another training camp practice at One Buc Place.
As always, lots of notes came out of practice as the Bucs are now only days away from their preseason opener. If you missed Sunday’s notes they can be found by clicking here.
Now for today’s notes:
- Bucs have signed former USF safety Mark Joyce and have waived wide receiver David Gettis with an injury settlement
- Mike Jenkins and Alterraun Verner did not practice again
- Luke Stocker and Da’Quan Bowers also sat out (1,2)
- Danny Gorrer worked with the corners rather than the nickels
- Eric Page, Robert Herron, Jeff Demps and Bobby Rainey had turns at kick returning
- Ronald Talley lined up at DT with the second team
- Here’s the Bucs’ number 2 defense
- Bucs wideouts dropped a lot of passes
- Keith Lewis had an interception in the end zone
- Mason Foster also had a pick as he intercepted Josh McCown. Danny Lansanah also had an interception
- Lovie Smith likes Charles Sims’ and what he brings moving forward
- Bucs will use a limited offense in preseason
- Center Evan Dietrich-Smith returned to practice
The Bucs practice again on Tuesday and then will have one more practice on Thursday before their preseason opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Friday. Check back later today for Tuesday’s notes.
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers