The Florida Gators begin their preseason training camp tomorrow and today held a media session which brought with it lots of information.
The Gators were a disappointing 4-8 last season so they’ll be looking to rebound in 2014.
Below are the notes from today’s media session, courtesy of the local media:
- Coach Will Muschamp says that team’s offense will be “explosive enough” to overcome turnovers
- Muschamp says that if they stay healthy at the quarterback position “we’re going to win a bunch of games.”
- Dante Fowler says his focus is with the Gators, not the NFL
- Muschamp says last season’s record is motivation for this upcoming season
- Muschamp likes the depth of his defensive line
- Although the team’s defensive backs aren’t the most experienced, Muschamp says he’s confident in them
- No update on who the back-up quarterback will be (1,2)
- Wide receiver Andre Debose thinks the team’s wideouts could be the best in the SEC
- Debose and Matt Rolin have been cleared for contact
- The kicking job is still open
- Muschamp is excited about what Matt Jones brings to the offense, especially late in games
- Jones also likes what he sees in running back Brandon Powell
- Muschamp still believes in talent over experience
- Freshman defensive back Deiondre Porter has impressed Muschamp
- The Gators want to get running back Kelvin Taylor in the open field as much as possible
- Muschamp thinks linebacker Jarrad Davis is primed for a big season
- The passing game has been simplified
- Muschamp believes wide receiver Ahmad Fulwood will create matchup problems
- Muschamp says that quarterback Jeff Driskel is most comfortable being in the shotgun
The Gators open their season on August 30 against Idaho at the Swamp.
Tags: Florida Gators