Tonight was the annual training camp night practice at Raymond James Stadium which drew just under 15,000 fans.
It’s less than a week now until the Bucs preseason opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars so players continue to try and impress the Bucs’ coaching stuff.
Here are some notes from today’s practice, courtesy of the local media. If you missed yesterday’s notes, click here to read them.
- Mike Glennon looked really good, as did Austin Seferian-Jenkins.
- Evan Dietrich-Smith didn’t practice due to a foot injury but it’s not at all serious.
- Running back Mike James threw a 17-yard touchdown pass
- GM Jason Licht praised safety Bradley McDougald
- Corners Alterraun Verner, Mike Jenkins and Rashaan Melvin were held out again
- Dashon Goldson also got the night off
- Clinton McDonald keeps doing good things
The Bucs don’t practice tomorrow but are back on the field Sunday where we will have another roundup.
As a reminder, Derrick Brooks goes into the Pro Football Hall of Fame tomorrow so check back Saturday evening for a recap of his induction.
Also, this is how Commissioner Roger Goodell described #55
Roger Goodell just described Derrick Brooks to me as an NFL treasure, an exemplary Hall of Famer who represents the shield with distinction
— Ira Kaufman (@IKaufmanTBO) August 1, 2014
Tags: Tampa Bay Buccaneers